27 Laxis Ave: cute 2-bed detached **SOLD**
When my clients bought this house a couple of years ago, it needed loads of work. The structure was fine, but the place hadn’t been upgraded in…well, forever! The kitchen was kinda falling apart, and the back yard was a disaster. And the decor… well, see for yourself!
Two years of hard work has completely transformed the house. The kitchen is all-new – even some of the joists supporting the floor – there’s new flooring in the living/dining room and master bedroom, the sunroom has been fully insulated and prettied up, some of the windows have been replaced and insulation has been added to the attic. See below for a fuller list. Plus, overall, the decor has been given a massive upgrade!
The back yard is now a sight to behold – the flower gardens are works of art, and the veggie garden is huge. The deck is perfect for barbecuing and entertaining (or just relaxing!), and the new shed is large enough for storage and a bit of a work space. It’s fantastic.
The area is a real up-and-comer. Already known for its close proximity to the Humber River (via Portage Gardens Park, just around the corner), Fergy Brown Park and the huge Eglinton Flats playing fields, Mt Denis is getting an LRT station (not far from Laxis Ave), which will also have GO service, a UPX stop and the Maintenance and Storage facility. All that will greatly improve transit options for local residents – and that always helps real estate values (not to mention local businesses).
List of Improvements
– New Kitchen cabinets, 2017
– Kitchen floor, from floor joists, vinyl wood style flooring, 2017
– Insulation in kitchen crawlspace (accessed under the fridge through trap door), 2017
– Kitchen window, 2016
– Wiring throughout, 2017
– New toilet and bathroom sink, 2017
– New laminate flooring main and second floor, 2017
– Oak tree in backyard professionally trimmed, 2017
– Oak veneer stair caps, 2017
– New shed, 2017
– Bathroom window, 2018
– Sunroom fully insulated (walls, ceiling (blown insulation not accessible now) and underneath – accessed through side by rain barrel outside), 2018
– Sunroom side window, 2018
– Attic blown in insulation, 2018
– New dishwasher, 2018
– New vertical posts on fence, 2018
– Built in closet in sunroom, 2019
– New vinyl siding on kitchen, 2019
– New programmable thermostat, 2019.
– Existing fridge, stove and dishwasher; clothes washer and dryer (‘as-is’); custom baby gates.
– wisteria in front garden
– BBQ and patio furniture
– Front window boxes and other potted plants inside and out
– Some of the perennial plants will be split so that a portion is left and some will be taken.